Irish America Day is the official 4th of July celebration in Ireland. The festival will take place in New Ross, County Wexford, between the 3rd of July and the 5th of July, 2015.
Throughout the weekend, visitors will be treated to a wide range of activities and events, all of which aim to celebrate America’s Independence Day.
- All weekend: A carnival will be held on the quay-front of New Ross on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- All weekend: Various pubs in New Ross will adopt an American theme.
- Friday: Arts & Crafts will be showcased on the quay.
- Friday: Between 7.30pm and 10.30pm, Irish artists Sharon Shannon, Frances Black and The Fureys will perform on the main stage on the quay.
- Saturday: A flag raising ceremony (raising of both the Irish and American flags) will take place at The Immigrant Flame on the quay at 12:30PM.
- Saturday and Sunday: Al Fresco (open air) seating will be organised on South Street, allowing visitors to enjoy the outdoors while ordering refreshments from some of the local cafes and bars.
- Saturday: On Saturday evening, between 7:30pm and 10:30pm, there will be live music on the quay. The acts will include tribute bands for both Gareth Brooks and legendary country / rock and roll singer Johnny Cash.
- Saturday: At 10:30PM, there will be a Independence Day fireworks display at the quay.
- Sunday: Local buskers will line the streets of New Ross.
- Sunday: Local musicians will perform on stage.
For more information on Irish America Day 2015, be sure to visit the official website at IrishAmericaDay.com